It seems that now all is settled.
And the memories of pain are meddled.
The sudden rush and feel of yesterday’s day.
Comes over me and drags me away.
Away to a dark place which no one can find.
And the thoughts there are rather unkind.
It seems as though a strange silence occurs, too.
I would have never thought I could stand it even for a few.
These goodbyes seem to repeat so often these days.
You would think they would stop it from occurring someday.
But sadly we don’t have the smarts for all that.
Plus they do say it would then be a life full of cats.
Since it’s a bore once you’ve done all you wanted.
So it’s better to sore to a place you don’t know yet.
No stress, no arguing; all is at peace.
It is there with her that I would like to be.
Her soft gray hair and adorable laughter.
Her saddened tears and my sadness much after.
If I could go back and take away all the pain
I think we would all have a little more to gain.
What’s done is done, and what happens happens.
That is our life and it’s truly full of this kind of sadness.
I can’t go back and I can’t take it away.
So instead of being mad here I’ll take a stroll today.
I’ll look at the flowers and stare at the clouds.
And I’ll smile and smile because I’ll be proud.
I will sing lots of songs, even dance with a stranger.
But of course I will know not to walk into danger.
For I want to show her I am happier than a loon.
Because she is now in a home where there is no gloom.
No comments:
Post a Comment