On The
Other Side
"Marilyn, please, hold onto my
shoulder or we'll never make it to my apartment," Mei said in an annoyed
tone as she tried to help her drunk best friend stand straight to continue
walking properly.
"Ugh...M-Mei...Stop walking so
fast in circles...I'm getting...sick..." hiccupped Marilyn in reply,
covering her mouth with her left hand. This
routine was one repeated many times already. Marilyn would go out to party at
clubs and drink, drag Mei along and Mei would get stuck with making sure
Marilyn got home alive and in one piece. This has been going on for a month now
every Friday and Saturday since Marilyn's break up with Tyrone, the tall, tan
and handsome asshole that Mei hated with a passion. "I swear Marilyn, you
need to stop this. Instead of getting drunk on such a nice Friday night, create
your beautiful art. Sing, come over to my apartment and play video games,
anything! I'll hang with you but I'm tired of this happening...look at
yourself...you can't even walk straight, or should I say walk at all," Mei scolded Marilyn,
sounding angrier than usual as they finally approached Marilyn's apartment and
began heading inside into the elevator to the 2nd floor. Marilyn suddenly
looked even more tired and somewhat saddened and had nothing to say in reply.
The elevator ride up was quiet and quick. Mei took out her keys, choosing her
copies to Marilyn's apartment door as they walked down the hall. After
approaching and opening the door, Marilyn took her arm off of Mei's shoulder,
slowly walking inside on her own. Great,
she's pissed off, Mei thought to herself as she walked behind, shutting the
door behind her.
Reflection
This piece of writing has been a very difficult piece for me and I am still unsure if I am completely satisfied with it. My problem before was that I had too much summary, and then in subtext version that I tried to see if changing it up would help me had no conflict. In this draft I feel I came up with a good beginning and new way of entering the world of Mei and Marilyn. I think another problem of mine was the fact that before this I was doing first person point of view and using third person instead would make it easier for me to get into Mei and Marilyn's view of their world. This story was being very difficult for me and I have changed it so many times already but I think this version is it, I just need to continue writing and writing and writing. Sorry for having such a hard time Ms. Macchio and Ms. Defeo! Hopefully I can make it through with this one and not give it up like I have with the others.
No comments:
Post a Comment