Conflict: girls vs traditional society
Patterns of power:
Wants to be first female president family says to leave.
Family says you stay, get married and help husband
She says no and runs away
Crisis action: she applies to school regardless of what parents say
Resolution: she gets in Harvard law with full scholarship
Transfer of power: she proves them wrong
--------
Whack, was the sound resonating through out our house. The inevitable happened and I was suddenly stuck.
"Here's your education," hollered Papa. As I lay bleeding on the floor he continued his verbal abuse.
"You!" and another hit.
"Stay!" another hit.
"Here!" and the last strike knocked me out faster than a dog with a bone.
I wake up to a stinging sensation.
"Your papas a good man," she tried to explain. I said nothing.
"He done lots for us Peggy, don't be mad at him."
"Ma, I wanna be the president of the united states."
Alex-
ReplyDeleteThis is an interesting theme and plot. My only suggestion is to focus on the crisis action. Readers will know that the protagonist applies to college despite her parent's permission, but when the power has been determined is slightly unclear. Overall it's a good start!
-Ms. Macchio